Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fear: Can It Be Overcome?

              What are you afraid of-the dark, spiders, storms, or death?  Fear is a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Everybody experiences some type of fear in our lives. Some even let fear run their lives. They have a fear of something bad happening and are constantly expecting fear. Although we all have fears we were not meant to be rooted in fear. When God created each and every one of us there was no intent of fear being part of our design. That being said fear is not rooted in anything short of sin. We were all born into sin and if we continue to live a life of sin we are constantly put in fear. So how is it then that we get rid of this fear? How can we oppose fear?
                The simplest way to oppose fear is to let love into your life. More importantly, let Jesus Christ’s love into your life. If you let this perfect love into your life it will banish all fear that surrounds your lifestyle. His love for us is so strong that he would never do anything that was not planned. He has a plan for each and every one of us. Even though some situations may seem scary and seem to put you in fear, with complete and total trust in God there will be no fear or worry. Having faith rooted in God’s love is opposite of fear and will bring you out of it. Love conquers fear in every way!
                Now, think of any fear you have. Got it? Repeat after me, “Jesus, I give you every fear in my life. For your love is stronger than anything. Bring me out of this fear into a life of happiness. I give everything up to you. Show me your ways. Teach me to live like you with no fear. Lead me Lord. In your name I pray, Amen.”
For the week, Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

8 comments:

  1. I really like the lay-out of this blog! The pictures in the lay-out are sweet how they are incorporated into it. Also posting the picture at the bottom of your last blog post gives us a good picture to see what you are talking about with the verse! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really encouraging! I like the design of your blog and the picture at the end. You're great at writing and relate your thoughts very well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. This is so inspirational! I love everything about this blog, the design, the layout, and most importantly the information that you are giving us. Great blog and keep up the good work. I am definitely going to be following your blog from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is awesome!!! Everything is very insoiring and i really like the design and layout of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layout of this blog very cool. Like Anne said this is very insperational it made me keep reading keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite blog out of the ones that I have read so far. I'm glad you chose to write about this topic it is very inspirational and insightful. I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good blog choice and overall blog. You really had me think about what is that I am afraid of and why I am afraid of those things. This was a very insightful blog. I got a lot out of it. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your layout/background, you got a very good design for your page, very professional! It definitly gives you a different outlook on things. Keep up the AMAZING work, you'll go far! (P.S. sorry for my spelling theres no spell check on here lol.)

    ReplyDelete