Monday, February 14, 2011

Nothings to hard for God...Loss

Death to a loved one always seems to come unexpectedly. Losing that person takes everything out of you. Some feel that there is not even a reason to live after it. Loss eats away at them and they feel as though nothing will ever be the same. It is true, it won’t be the same but the way you live life shouldn’t change. Sure, people around you and the world around can help you cope with the loss but it will not truly heal the emptiness you are feeling. The only and I mean ONLY way to cope with loss is God.
                God is the almighty and only one who can heal our hurts. Let him heal you. Surrender to him and put ourselves and our lives in his hands. And although many believe grief to be an enemy it is not. We grieve because God grieves with us. We are not alone through any of this. He is always right beside us no matter what. We have nothing to fear with him by our side.  
                Although many of us blame him for that loss, he did it for a reason. We all have a time when God is ready to call us home.  And we all have to accept the fact that we will go through many losses in our life. But technically it isn’t an official goodbye. We will all see those people again someday. We live to be in heaven where we will spend eternity. There will be no pain or worries to speak of. There will be such an amazing peace. The peace that is talked about is something unimaginable. Imagine sitting by a babbling brook, with the sun beating down on your shoulders. It seems peaceful doesn’t it? Well, heaven is even more peaceful than that. It is something that every one of us should look forward to. And as long as God is your leader and your savior you will see this beautiful place and be with all your loved ones.  Saying goodbye to someone gets hard, but think about it as an early departure. You will see this person again. Trust me, I know it is hard to say goodbye. I just recently lost my Grandma and it seemed so surreal at the time. But God has told me that she is pain free and is in a better place. And I know I will see her soon. Because honestly, what is a lifetime of worries compared to an eternity of happiness with the one who created us? It is something we all should live for.
                Let’s pray this together, “Jesus, I pray that you guide my life. Show me how you want me to live. Show me that you will always be by my side. You are my rock and salvation. Hold me up when all I want to do is fall. Teach me your ways. I love you more than words can see and will see you soon. In your name I pray, Amen.”
,
For the week I give you this, Psalm 18:2, "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the hornof my salvation, my stronghold."

1 comment:

  1. excellent post. i love it. some of your phrasing is a little weird so i have to re-read a sentance to understnad what it it saying. i love the prayer at the end of every post.

    ReplyDelete